i finally got around to watching (500) days of summer last night/this morning. i don’t think i’ve ever wanted to see a movie as much as i did this one and for it to actually turn out just as good (or better than) my expectations.
i cant really describe how much i loved it but it made me have an even bigger crush on joseph gordon-levitt.
it is completely fruitless posting videos here because i doubt that anybody who has stumbled upon this blog has clicked on any of them/been interested in them. which is terrible because when i want to express my love for music or a movie or anything else the only proper way to do that would be through video. like.. barney stinson videos or leonard cohen videos or we are scientists videos.
i have spent the past two days doing virtually nothing but listening to music (and watching the office) and i wish it was possible to make every single one of you a mix tape. and i know that it would be pointless to post links to the songs so here’s a list of songs that i like lately
1. Last Year’s Man – Leonard Cohen
2. Ghost Song – Patrick Wolf
3. Hazy Shade of Winter – Simon and Garkunkel
4. Tidal Wave – The Apples in Stereo
5. Black Cloud – Morrisey
6. Half-awake – Someone Still Loves You, Boris Yeltsin
7. Charm School – Bishop Allen
8. Say It Ain’t So – Weezer
9. Four Hours in Washington – M. Ward
10. Travel By Telephone – Rival Schools
11. Postage Stamp World – Rogue Wave
12. Wires – Coconut Records
13. Never – Marcy Playground
14. Yer Possessed – Gordon Downie
15. Night Windows – The Weakerthans
16. Classic Cars – Bright Eyes
probably the lamest list of songs ever but i’ve also been listening to a lot of (semi) melodic hardcore so here’s a few non-wimpy songs:
1. Symmetry – Title Fight
2. Doom! Doom! Doom! – Latterman
3. Small Skeletal – Crime in Stereo
(3.5. Orbiter – Crime in Stereo)
4. Bug Parade – Polar Bear Club
(4.5. Convinced I’m Wrong – Polar Bear Club)
5. Auburn – Sinking Ships
6. Please Read – Shook Ones
i don’t know if everyone would even consider some of those bands as melodic hardcore bands but whateverrr
Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin and they end with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact in the course of a life. May 23rd was a Wednesday. If Tom had learned anything it was that you can’t ascribe great cosmic significance to a simple earthly event. Coincidence. That’s all anything ever is. Nothing more than coincidence. Tom had finally learned there are no mircales. There’s no such thing as fate. Nothing is meant to be. He knew — he was sure of it now. Tom was.. he was pretty sure.